Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 6, 2014

I cannot believe that it is already 2014! And this week flew by too! TIME IS GOING TO FAST!!! I like it sometimes but when it comes time to email and I don't have a whole lot to say I wonder where time went because I feel like I didn't do as much this week as I did in previous weeks, but that isn't true! We have been working our tails off here and I think that it is going to start paying off. We have a list of 7 investigators. Here is their names and what is happening with them...
Shawn - Doesn't want us to contact him till April cause he is working 2 jobs for the government and has no time.
Justine - Pregnant and living with her bf. Wants to have the baby and get married before we come over again (this upcoming fall....)
Jesse - He is 20 and so after being taught all the lessons from the missionaries before me and Jones, we have to pass him off to the Singles Ward Missionaries.
Rudy - Lives out of our area. We have been teaching him at his girl friends house but they broke up so we have to pass him off to missionaries in that area.
Yavanna - She doesn't make time to meet with us. She is a single mom and so that is tough but it has been 2 months since anyone has seen her. May need to drop.
Crystel - Single mom of 3 working 3 jobs. She is very hard to get in with and wants us to come back in the beginning of Feb. to teach her the lessons.
Jane - She is from main-land China. Will be going back to China at the beginning of Feb. She went to Houston for a trip and will get back this week. SUPER INTERESTED!!!

As you can see, we have a lot of people who probably don't understand our purpose as missionaries. We aren't just service boys you can call up when you decide that your tree could use pruning or your rocks need raking. We are representatives of Jesus Christ and are hear to share a message about His Church restored to the Earth! There are people out here who are prepared to hear this message. But there are people who are not prepared and not ready yet. We can help them become ready but only if they allow us to. The hardest part is separating those who are almost ready and those who aren't ready at all because they are at the same spot sometimes. So you just have to work with them till you find out. And by that time, sometimes you may have put hours and hours and hours to help them and you find out that they don't "want to become Mormon". Ugh it is just so frustrating because the Spirit is there testifying to them and they wont listen to it... But that is how the Lord is going to put us into the Kingdoms in the next life. If we listen to the Holy Ghost and It's promptings, we will have Celestial Glory! If we don't... we cannot have that gift...

I heard a talk this week that was awesome! It is called "Life is a Football Game" by Troy Dunn I believe. It is super funny but gives us a great view of how much time we have left before the Savior comes again. I don't have time to tell you the whole story but I think that you would all like it! Maybe you could listen to it for family home evening or something like that :)

I go to the Temple on the 16th of this month! And I go to Phoenix to listen to Elder Holland on the 11th. So it is going to be a great few weeks here! I did get the birthday package :) THANK YOU!!! I loved it! And it was just what I needed.
  
I heard a quote this week and had to write it down. It is a little longer but I love it! It can be applied to anything: Sports, church, school, ANYTHING!

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. The moment one definitely commits oneself, the Providence moves in. All sorts of things occur to help me [us] that would never otherwise have occurred raising in ones favor all the manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way." I believe that is by Elder Robert D. Hales.

Gavin and Connor, I am very glad to hear that you all had a great vacation and are doing well! School is starting up again so don't keep your mind in that vacation zone! Focus, work hard, and do your best. I wish I would have done better in school... Don't make that same mistake I did. The best tool you can use in your school work is the Holy Ghost. He is the best tool in life! But you need to make sure that you are getting along and doing the things you need to do so you can have the Holy Ghost with you! Keep on Keepin on and make me proud! I love you!!

Thank you for everything you have done for me and for your prayers in my behalf! I love you and miss you all so much!


~Elder Kyle W. Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment